ESO – Mandatory Secondary Education
- Duration: 4 school years
- 30 hours per week
- Access requirement: completion of primary education
- On completing ESO, students earn a Secondary Education Graduate degree, which makes them eligible for entry into the Baccalaureate (High School) or Vocational Training Studies.
- To educate young people so that they may assume their duties and exercise their rights as citizens.
- To address the diversity of the student body.
- To prepare students for integration into working life or for access to higher education.
Strategies (work plan)
- Centre strategic plan:
- Renewal of teaching materials.
- Innovation of working methods.
- Plans for addressing and handling student diversity and educational needs.
- Organisation of teaching staff in teaching teams.
- Guidance counselling action plan with personalised follow-up.
- Small groups in areas involving hands-on learning (technology, science, English language).
- Academic and professional orientation.
- Area and tutoring field trips. Outings.
- Coordination with primary schools.